Today I’m co-hosting Little Friday with my friend Ashley from The Grits Blog. If you’re not familiar with Ashley, please check her out!
I admit I’m a bit apprehensive to share this post for two reasons: One- I’m NOT a home style expert. Pinterest is my friend! Two- My photography skills leave much to be desired. The photos were taken with my week-old DSLR camera, but I haven’t quite figured out all the bells and whistles. Any tips appreciated!
Instead of talking makeup today, I’m going to discuss decor. How you decorate your home is a reflection of your style. Everyone has different tastes so use what you enjoy!
Last summer we splurged on a new mattress. Budget blown but totally worth it. However, I still wanted to add some personal, feminine touches to make our room feel less bachelor-like.
Here’s what I added to my nightstand:
- Lamp- Clearance section of Lowe’s ( $15.00)
- Print- The print on my side of the bed is actually a birthday card. It framed beautifully! The frame is a clearance item from TJMaxx (card was a gift from the SJP line at Hallmark and the frame cost $6.00)
- Tray- Clearance item from Target ($7.00)
- Candle- A gift from several years ago. I love the monogrammed etching!
- Flowers- Fresh flowers add a pop of color to any space! Pink carnations are a favorite of mine… they’re typically inexpensive to boot!
- Print- Amanda Catherine Designs Etsy shop ($15.00), frame from sale section of Walmart ($7.00)
- Vase- Bought at Garden Ridge years ago (under $10.00)
- Picture frame- Another Target special ($9.00)
- Search the sale sections of your favorite stores. You never know what great deals you’ll find!
- Look around the house for pieces that aren’t being utilized and add them to your night stand. I had a couple of the older items hid away in one of the closets.
- The bedroom is the most personal room in the home- use monogrammed pieces, prints of your favorite quotes, candles, and pictures of you and your significant other.
|The other side needs a bit of work!|
|I love a good monogram!|