One of my favorite blog ladies, Candra from Camo & Lipstick, challenged me to participate in a random facts post. Because I have great new readers, I thought this would be a fun way to tell you a bit more about myself:
1. What’s a nickname only your family calls you? I don’t really have a nickname- Jason calls me “L” which is cute. My sister and mom are trying to teach my 14-month-old niece how to say Aunt Lindsay- it comes out as “Aunt Z” so they’re now calling me Z. She’s adorable and can call me whatever she wants!
2. Do you have any weird habits? I wake up SUPER early so I can be the first person at work. I also only do laundry once a week and have to wash loads in the same order each time (i.e., sheets, clothes, delicates, towels). I only recently realized I was doing these things.
3. Do you have any weird phobias? Where to begin?! I’m terrified of being kidnapped (I SWEAR I was almost kidnapped from the Kroger parking lot a couple of years ago- never go with a stranger). I’m also terrified of heights, being in the car, bears, and falling off bridges. My niece brings out about a million more fears in me, too (secondary drowning!).
4. What song do you secretly love to blast and jam out to when you are alone? “Once Bitten, Twice Shy” by Great White. Super trashy. Don’t judge me.
5. What’s one of your biggest pet peeves? I can’t stand when people are rude for no reason. Get over yourself. I also hate messes- put dirty laundry in the hamper, put trash in the trashcan, etc. I feel a meltdown coming on just thinking about it…
6. What’s one of your nervous habits? I bite and pick my nails. Especially if they’re not painted.
7. What side of the bed do you sleep on? I sleep on the left side- right on the damn edge.
8. What was your first stuffed animal and what was its name? You know Snuggle Fabric Softener? I had a Snuggle bear, who I originally named Snuggle Bear. So imaginative!
9. What drink do you always order at Starbucks or Dunkins? I love iced coffee, so I usually order an Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte at Starbucks.
10. Which way do you face in the shower? I face away from the shower. And I stay in there forever.
11. Do you have any weird body skills? Not that I’m aware of!
12. What is your favorite comfort food that you know is bad but you eat it anyway? Anything sweet, especially if it’s homemade. Nothing beats my grandmas’ and mom’s homemade treats!
13. What is a phrase or exclamation you always say? “Um, no.” said in the most condescending tone imaginable.
14. What do you wear when you go to sleep? I sweat like a high-noon whore at night, so as little as possible! I have a couple of sleeveless gowns or nighties that I keep in rotation.
15. What did you used to wear that you thought was cool, and now realize it wasn’t? Gouchos (so comfortable for us big booty women!) and Dr. Martens. I take that back- Dr. Martens are ALWAYS cool. I’d trade in my stilettos for them any day!
What about you guys? We have anything in common?