Linking up with 2 Cats & Chloe and Bless Her Heart Y’all for another Celebrate Southern!
My eating has been off-track lately. I work out every day but, with the exception of dinner, my food choices have been on the unhealthy side. We’ve also gone out every weekend this month, and, while fun, it’s not conducive to healthy eating. Plus, wine and beer. And bourbon. It’s celebration season and I enjoy imbibing. I digress. To get back on track, I’ve been on the lookout for healthy and simple breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes. I don’t have time to be in the kitchen for hours at a time.
Since overnight oats are all the rage, I decided to give them a try:
*Recipe inspiration from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened (can use vanilla almond milk, too)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (the recipe calls for dark chocolate chips: are they a myth? I couldn’t find them anywhere. Thanks, Frankfort).