In November, I wrote a “15 by 30” post- 15 things I wanted to accomplish/work on in the six months leading up to my 30th birthday. To hold myself accountable, here’s how I did:
- Get in shape. I have truthfully busted my ass on this goal. I make fitness a priority every day, and while I work out mostly at home, I have made huge strides. I don’t weigh myself, but know I’ve dropped at least one size. I’m proud of myself and it’s time to kick it up a notch. My food needs work. My meals are mostly clean but my snacks are not always.
- Work on my career. I haven’t done a lot on this front. I’ve been so swamped at work that I haven’t focused much on my career outside of my job. I started on a six month contract and I’ll be there two years in July. I like what I do but need something stable.
- Break into the freelance world. Again, nothing. I currently devote too much time to work and blogging.
- Pay off some of my debt. Done!
- Move to Louisville. Oof. I don’t think we’re any closer to this goal. we have our home and rental properties in Frankfort to consider. I want to buy a new house in Louisville, while he’d like to rent at first. Rent is ridiculously high there. I know everything will fall into place if it’s supposed to happen, but I am ready to get out of here.
- Get organized. I’ve made a little headway but I’m nowhere near close to achieving this goal. All of my closets are reminiscent of Monica Geller.
- Drink less. We’ve stopped drinking during the week (aside from a glass of wine on occasion), and imbibe a little some weekends. I drank more this weekend than I have in a long time and I still feel it. Thanks, 30.
- Spend less. Work in progress. I participated in a spending freeze in April which went surprisingly well! I did buy a StitchFix shirt and a new patio chair as one of ours bit the dust over the harsh winter. I am following Meagan’s lead and working on a budget for myself. The goal is to spend less and invest more.
- Eat less junk. The last few weeks notwithstanding, mostly achieved. I’ve cut out a lot of snacking but still struggle with my sweet tooth. I’ve eaten lots of birthday treats lately.
- Go to bed earlier most nights. I’ve stayed up way too late the last few months. I blame Netflix and blogging.
- But stay up late when the occasion calls for it. Accomplished. I stayed up super late this weekend; you only turn 30 once.
- Spend more time with family and friends. We have luckily had many opportunities to spend with others this year! And more to come!
- Read. NOPE. I failed miserably.
- Find a local church. I did not make this a priority and it shows. I love my parents’ church but it’s over an hour from here… I want to find something closer.
- Stress less and have fun. Always a work in progress for this Type A, lunatic blonde. I don’t know if it’s in my nature.
What are your goals this year?